Are you worried you may have PTSD? Help is available.
Answer yes/no to the following questions, and record your answers:
- Are you having unwanted memories and thoughts of stressful experiences?
- Are you having repeated disturbing dreams and/or night terrors?
- Do you feel as if you’re reliving a stressful experience?
- Do you feel deeply distressed when something reminds you of a stressful experience?
- Are you having physical reactions when reminded of a stressful experience such as heart pounding, trouble breathing, or sweating?
- Avoiding thinking or talking about a stressful experience?
- Avoiding doing activities that remind you of this situation?
- Trouble remembering the stressful event/experience?
- Do you have a loss of interest in things you used to enjoy?
- Do you feel distant or cut off from other people?
- Do you feel emotionally numb?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep?
- Are you feeling jumpy and easily startled?
- Are you having angry outbursts?
If you answered YES to one of these questions, there is a warning that you may have post-traumatic stress disorder. If you answered YES to any two, the chances are that you have post-traumatic stress disorder.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that can be triggered by a traumatic, terrifying event — whether you yourself are experiencing it or witnessing it. Symptoms may include flashbacks, night terrors, nightmares, and deep anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the situation.
You don’t have to wait to get help. Reach out today.
We can help. Contact us to discuss the options available. If we are unable to help you we will provide you with options to receive help.